A new perspective for a changing world
Innovative private equity investment in Energy and Real Assets
We provide an unparalleled perspective and industry expertise to deliver a brighter and resilient future
The world’s energy demands are evolving. Our expertise lies in identifying the unique investable opportunities that will accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.
We are leaders in the sector by combining focused experience and an innovative approach. Our deep understanding of the energy sector on a systems-level provides unparalleled opportunities to deliver high returns.
Insights behind energy and infrastructure success
There is an urgent global need for sustainable energy solutions. But in an environment of changing technologies, ever-evolving regulations and volatile prices, delivering those solutions require specialised experience and more. We have the capabilities to develop innovative ideas into investable opportunities. It requires perspective relationships and leadership to bring governments, regulators and stakeholdders together to solve these challenges.
Higher risk-adjusted returns
Proven sector expertise across cycles
Our team consists of investment professionals with a track record of successfully investing across numerous energy industry cycles and changing market dynamics. We have delivered successful investments in innovative value-add deals, originating and transacting across primary and secondary opportunities.
Creating value from opportunity
Uniquely positioned for the World’s growing energy and infrastructure investment needs
Insightful origination leveraging industrial expertise to evaluate/develop, re-price assets, solve complexities and transact over the cycle.
GIRA’s investment strategies are complementary over the economic cycles to offer attractive stable long-term returns.
Investing in established as well as evolving markets with the potential to create strong underlying cash flows.
Investment vision for tomorrow
We are solidly positioned to make sound, strategic investments in what will be the largest transition of the energy and infrastructure sector in reccent history. Our relationships across the industry yield off-market, bilateral investments. We invest in proven technologies, applied innovatively, considering interoperability and integration on a system level. We solve problems and develop ideas into investments that generate higher returns and lower risks.
Experience that leads the way
Navigating the complexities of the energy and infrastructure sectors takes a comprehensive understanding of the industry. We have theh industrial expertise and leadership necessary to bring governments, regulators and stakeholders together to bring large scale projects to life. We offer investors long term stable revenue as well as capital gains over the long term.
Integrated partnerships build for success
Our investment partnership ensures that our highly experienced management team is aligned and committed to delivering value through financial and industrial expertise throughout the investment cycle, delivering compelling returns and achieving stakeholder objectives.
Proven sector expertise across cycles
Our management team brings an average of two decades of successful global financial, infrastructure and energy experience, cultivating strong relationships across industry and capital markets. An industry leader in the energy and infrastructure, GIRA provides long term contracted cash yields and capital appreciation focused on Europe and the MENA region.
- Wissam was co-head of Deutsche Bank Private Equity Energy and Infrastructure for the last five years where he deployed a closed-ended global co-mingled fund across the US, Europe, APAC
- Wissam was a member of various Investment Committees within Deutsche Bank Asset & Wealth Management including the Global Infrastructure Fund and broader Private Markets
- He has around 10 years of experience in Private Equity investments and another 10 years as M&A advisor and leverage/structured finance professional gained with Paribas, SocGen, UBS
- Wissam Holds a MSc in Civil Engineering from INSA Strasbourg , an MBA from INSEAD and an executive program at Harvard Business School
- Simon Ludlam is an originator of innovative, high profile energy investments and transactions in Europe and the Americas. He has over 20 years of experience within Private Equity and Infrastructure, identifying value creative opportunities with a broad experience across the energy sub-sectors with investments of <$50m - $5bn
- His expertise is focussed on power generation, midstream gas and wires sectors, regulated assets and complex structured investments. Simon was Vice Chairman at ElecLink and a Partner at STAR Capital Partners with Pan-European responsibility for energy investment and origination and responsible for France, Spain and Benelux origination for target sectors
- Simon holds a BSc in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Surrey, is a Chartered Accountant and is FCA registered
- Eric is a Partner at Diamantis & Partners, a global law firm he founded in 2020 and which is dedicated to the natural resources, energy, infrastructure and finance sectors in France and in emerging markets. Diamantis & Partners have 25 years experience working on the African continent
- Prior to that, Eric was a Partner at Clyde & Co LLP for 6 years and also worked as a Partner at Watson, Farley & Williams LLP between 2009 and 2014
- Eric has a BSc from Sciences Po Paris and MSc from HEC Paris
- Johan’s experience has been in a truly global business environment, encompassing large corporates (Keppel, Suez, Hydro, Nalco), smaller pioneering and start-ups (Eureka pumps, Bjørge ASA, Cambi ASA, Nordic Water, OWEC Tower, Havind, Green Tech Investment Partners) delivering successfully to the internal and external stakeholders
- He is an expert in the renewables development, financing and technology (offshore / onshore wind, solar, battery, hydropower and hydrogen), Water & Wastewater, Oil & Gas and encompasses functions such as CEO, Chairman, Board of Directors, BD, PM. Johan has delivered over 5GW of renewable business, mainly offshore wind
- Johan holds a MSc Degree from Swedish Royal Institute of Technology in Chemical Engineering
- Matthieu Lacaze brings on board extensive global energy & financial expertise with 40+ years with BNP Paribas, and served in various positions including:
- Global Head of Credit Risk Strategy for Global Markets
- Global Head of Commodity Derivatives Business Development
- Deputy Global Head of Energy & Commodity Finance
- Head of Coverage of Large Energy & Commodity Clients
- Global Head of Commodity Structured Finance
- Head of Commodity Structured Finance for CIS & Eastern Europe
- Selim has more than 10 years experience in infrastructure private equity and investment management, with a focus on regulated assets and energy sector
- Prior to joining GIRA, Selim was most recently a Senior Associate at Hastings Fund Management between 2015 and 2018, where he led the £400m refinancing of Phoenix Natural Gas in Northern Ireland as well as the acquisition of multiple renewable energy assets across Europe
- Selim began his career in infrastructure investments in Paris with Ardian, before joining Cube Infrastructure Managers where he worked on the acquisition and/or investment management of several energy companies involved in district heating and renewable energy generation as well as transportation
- MSc in Engineering from Arts et Métiers ParisTech and Masters in Management from the London School of Economics
- Laurence Monnier is director of 1PlanetInfra, an infrastructure advisory boutique and has over 30-year experience in investment, strategy, research and credit across infrastructure and private markets
- She has worked for 11 years at Aviva Investors, a large international asset manager, where she jointly has co-led the infrastructure team and grew of the company’s infrastructure debt platform to top 10 in Europe with €4bn AUM invested in 10 countries. Laurence subsequently established the real assets quantitative research
- Prior to Aviva Investors, Laurence led the development of Fitch’s project finance rating business in Europe from 3 to 100 ratings, and held senior credit roles in Deutsche Bank, RBS and Hypo Real Estate
- Laurence holds a Master’s of Management from HEC Paris as well as the Investment Management Certificate
- Julien is the former co-founder and CFO of Solairedirect that grew from scratch to 250m€ in revenues before it was sold to ENGIE in 2015 for a significant cash multiple
- He went through massive scale-up, distressed situations, team build-out, management and training, international development both in developed and emerging countries (China, South Africa, India, Chile, Brazil), fund raisings and project financings (1.5b€+), IPO, trade sale
- He has a wide expertise and concrete 15-year experience in the Impact Investing arena with a deep understanding of the various underlying asset classes (private equity, infrastructure, natural capital, agriculture, biodiversity), track-record, network and achievements in the field
- MSc in Finance from Neoma Business School
- David is the Founder of Alumia, a newly launched Global Capital Raising platform offering international distribution of investment funds as well as access to an untapped universe of deals and managers
- Before Alumnia, David was a Managing Director at Aperture Investors, a Luxembourg-based fund of fund manager where he was part of the founding team.
- Prior to that, he worked as a Managing Director at JP Morgan and was also Head of Portfolio Management at Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild
- MSc in Management from Audencia Business School
- Founder and CEO of Oxygen Global Energy, a Solar Energy development company and also a Co-Founder of Solar Wadi
- Also Co-Founder and COO of Third-Party Logistics, a life support equipment provider with operations in 15+ countries
- Prior to that, Yazan was the Director of the Training department at MESIS (an NGO established by the U.S Department of Energy implementing regional projects), in the field of energy and environment
- Started his career as a Policy Analyst at the office of His Majesty King Abdullah of Jordan
- Bachelor degree in Political Sciences from the University of Jordan and a Diploma in Project Management from the German Jordanian University
- Spanish national and British citizen with close to 25 years of legal and finance experience in Madrid, Brussels, and London - including Garrigues, ING and The Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Jaime has a particular expertise in the Iberian utilities sector, having contributed to over €8bn in underwriting commitments across asset classes.
- Inter alia, Jaime has founded Editorial Advice, a technology-focused business development boutique for start-ups (intellectual property, litigation finance and European energy transition regulation).
- Economist and lawyer (ICAM member) by background (ICADE), Jaime is currently undertaking the DBA in Management and Technology (ICAI).
GIRA Strategic Finance Limited is a Company incorporated and registered in England & Wales under registration number 02286287. Registered Address: C/O Buzzacott LLP, 130 Wood Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DL